"Welcome to Dnipropetrovsk" Top 5 Page for this destination Dnipropetrovsk by yumyum

Dnipropetrovsk Travel Guide: 87 reviews and 315 photos

This is the third biggest city in Ukraine with about 1,2 million people. I came here because I wanted to take some pictures of the tram for my dad and it also appealed to me that hardly anyone goes there. And thanks to fellow VTer pika_ua it was made much easier for me. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

The area was first permanently settled in the 9th century by a monastery on Monstir Island. During Catherine the Great, General Potemkin started building Yekaterinoslav.

• Pros:I was pleasantly surprised by this industrial city!
  • Cons:A little off the beaten path
  • In a nutshell:Hardly any proper tourists!
  • Last visit to Dnipropetrovsk: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 25, 2006

• Pomocub's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Some of my family had lived in Dnipropetrovsk for a while. It would be nice to visit and see for myself what it is like. Nice page :)

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hardly any tourists? Sounds like my kind of place! After viewing your photos of the Dnepr River, I now understand why Dnipropetrovsk is such an important industrial city in the Ukraine. Cheers, Bill

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 1:20 AM

Dnipropetrovsk looks impressive and interesting place.

• Jan 6, 2007 at 6:28 AM

Another lovely page with gorgeous photos - interesting custom about the newly weds and the flowers too! :))

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2007 at 2:10 PM

an interesting page, Sonja, time seems to have stood still since CCCP-times in some aspects, while others were changing rapidly...

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2006 at 3:22 AM

Beautiful city. I heard that the city is known as the most Russian in population. Maybe i'll visit it one day

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 3:14 PM

Wow. I didn't know that you like ferris wheels. Fabulous page with interesting info. Of course every footie fan knows the famous club of this Ukrainian gem. :-)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 2:50 PM

Excellent work, Sonja! Thanks for introducing Dnipropetrovsk to us!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Nice page, and now I also know that I can visit ;-)

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Dnipropetrovsk

Have you been to Dnipropetrovsk?

Latest Activity in Dnipropetrovsk