"Crimean Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Simferopol by yumyum
Simferopol Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 163 photos
We arrived by night train from Odessa and decided to have a quick look before continuing to Yalta.
Simferopol was founded in 1784 a year after Crimea was annexed by Russia. In fact Simferopol and its surroundings were already settled in stone age. One of the oldest left over of a settlement found is about 50'000 years old. Then it was the Scythes from about 6-7th century BC until 4th century AD which founded Neapolis. The Huns consequently left it in ruins. In the 30s of the 18th century Russian troops came to Crimea and destroyed in 1736 Ak-Mechet (White Mosque), the Crimean Tataran settlement, which stood where today is Simferopol.
- Pros:relaxing town
- Cons:very dusty
- In a nutshell:worth to have a look around
Simferopol city center is a good place to get around by foot if you only have a couple of hours. It is rather pleasant... more travel advice
A pedestrian zone in ulitsa Pushkina and Gorkovo and thereabouts is the hang-out for young people and shoppers. There is... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Simferopol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Simferopol' - the gate to the Crimea"
- "All Roads to the Crimea go through Simferopol"
- "Crimean Capital"
- "SImferopol - the Last Stop - The Starting Point"
- "2500 sunny hours a year"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Simferopol
- Hotels in Simferopol
- Transportation in Simferopol
- Nightlife in Simferopol
- Restaurants in Simferopol
- Shopping in Simferopol
- Warnings and Dangers in Simferopol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Simferopol
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Simferopol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simferopol
Photos in SimferopolSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue