"Yalta - a good base for further exploration" Top 5 Page for this destination Yalta by yumyum

Yalta Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 670 photos

I came here with a friend and we travelled by minibus from Simferopol and looked for accomodation on arrival.

I didn’t really know what to make of Yalta. Since I was there in May before it was fully packed I think I saw and felt an entirely different atmosphere then in summer peak season.

• Pros:Holiday atmosphere
  • Cons:packed in summer
  • In a nutshell:Visit off season like May!
  • Last visit to Yalta: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2006

• Pomocub's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Great page on Yalta, Do you think you could have a proper vacation there? To be able to spend a week there? Sunbathe? or is it more of a city break vacation?

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I think we will be spending a couple of days in Yalta, thanks for the tips :-)

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 1:26 AM

I have to visit this nice historical place sometime. Very nice photos.

• Jan 6, 2007 at 6:23 AM

It looks beautiful and sunny and warm! What a wonderful place - I wouldn't worry about no sand on the beaches.. we only hhave pebbles here too!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 12:52 PM

great infos and lovely pics bringing back great memories ! I have seen Yalta in communiste times as part of CCCP - it used to be the only CCCP-port we came to, where people were smiling in the streets...

• Dec 25, 2006 at 2:14 AM

I was in Yalta in very childhood. All I remember is beaches and good weather :-) and it was first time i saw the Sea Tourist Ship. Was so big!! :-) ehh, memories...

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 1:31 AM

Another excellent page, Sonja! So glad that you have picked up building pages again!!! That hotel would have been a no-no for me: two pages to be filled out in Russian..... oh boy!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Great page about a place where I havn't been 25 years but where I should appear in 10 days! You reminded me the Crimea sights which I love from my childhood and looking forward to watch again... Thanks for sharing Sonja!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Fabulous little page. Did I tell you that the Ukraine and especially Yalta is listed very high on my "must-visit-list". :-)

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 11:49 AM

Ja, die Krim steht auch noch auf meiner Liste... Vielleicht Mai 2007?

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Yalta