"Welcome to Airolo" Airolo by yumyum
Airolo Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 31 photos
I came to Airolo on a Friday at lunch time by train from Zurich with my parents for a short day trip in order to see the sun south of the alps. Often the weather is much better "behind" the Gotthard.
The first traces of people in this area date back to the 2nd and 3rd century AD. The Romans came here for sure because one way of crossing the alps is the Gotthard mountain pass.
Airolo lies just south of the Gotthard in the Leventina valley of the Ticino, the italian speaking part of Switzerland.
- In a nutshell:Take a break and a hike!
In the village I saw this ice rink which seems to be built up every winter. You can hire some skates and play ice... more travel advice
In Airolo there are also postbuses if you want to go to other villages in the valley. Also if you don't want to walk to... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Airolo Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Airolo
- Transportation in Airolo
- Restaurants in Airolo
- Warnings and Dangers in Airolo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Airolo
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Airolo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Airolo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue