Ascona Things to Do Tips by yumyum
Ascona Things to Do: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Tower of St. Peter and Paul church
The St. Peter and Paul church (Santi Pietro e Paolo) dominates the view of the shoreline of Ascona. Therefore you cannot miss it. It is set back one block from the promenade.
The church was first mentioned in 1264. It consists of a long hall with a wooden ceiling and two side naves which have its own altars dedicated to the mother of god of the mountain Karmel and the Holy Trinity. The main hall ends with a choir from the 16th century. Please see the second photo.
The tower or campanile is from the 16th century. Part of the facade of the church and it south wall has been changed to new Gothic style in 1860.
Directions: In the center of Ascona close to the promenade.
More Reviews (5)
yumyum's Related Pages
Ascona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ascona - Pearl on the Lago Maggiore"
- "Welcome to Ascona"
- "Beautiful, little town"
- "Lake resort town on the Lago Maggiore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ascona
- Hotels in Ascona
- Transportation in Ascona
- Restaurants in Ascona
- Shopping in Ascona
- Warnings and Dangers in Ascona
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mirigama Hotels
- Figueira do Guincho Hotels
- New Paltz
- Green Bay
- Lac de Paladru Hotels
- Anyksciai Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ascona
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Ascona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ascona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue