"Welcome to Ascona" Ascona by yumyum
Ascona Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 55 photos
Over the years I have been several times to Ascona for a few hours. On our day trip to Locarno from Zurich, we also headed to Ascona for an ice cream.
Ascona is a popular holiday destination for the rich and not so well off people. There are usually also a lot of day trippers, so you will encounter a very mixed bunch of people here.
Ascona is close to Locarno on the Lago Maggiore and you needn't go far to reach Italy.
- In a nutshell:A must if you are in the area!
You may be surprised to see a wall of footprints on the promenade. At first, I didn't really know whose they were but... more travel advice
I actually wondered whether to put this tip under transportation or rather under things to do. I guess it is something... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Ascona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ascona - Pearl on the Lago Maggiore"
- "Welcome to Ascona"
- "Beautiful, little town"
- "Lake resort town on the Lago Maggiore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ascona
- Hotels in Ascona
- Transportation in Ascona
- Restaurants in Ascona
- Shopping in Ascona
- Warnings and Dangers in Ascona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ascona
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Ascona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ascona
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue