"Welcome to Ascona" Ascona by yumyum

Ascona Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 55 photos

Over the years I have been several times to Ascona for a few hours. On our day trip to Locarno from Zurich, we also headed to Ascona for an ice cream.

Ascona is a popular holiday destination for the rich and not so well off people. There are usually also a lot of day trippers, so you will encounter a very mixed bunch of people here.

Ascona is close to Locarno on the Lago Maggiore and you needn't go far to reach Italy.

• In a nutshell:A must if you are in the area!
  • Last visit to Ascona: May 2009
  • Intro Written May 3, 2009

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2011 at 4:55 AM

Up to Ascona next friday. Staying for the first time at a hotel right on the promenade (Ü50 ;-). And will have an ice cream there for sure – not only one ;-)

• coconutwireless's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

comments on public transportation within an area are so helpful Grazie Mille

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Lovely. We may have passed thru on our whirlwind trip across Switzerland...then dropping down into Italy for a bit. Lake district is stunning.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Oh I want ice cream now.... this one looks so delicious :-)) And while I am eating ice cream, I could tour around the lake by boat :-)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

The football team prints are unique to say the least:) Oh, you have my vote, ice cream rocks. Nice page!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Lovely page, Sonja! Hahaha - love the footprints!!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 12:28 PM

everywhere in Suisse is so lovly!glad Ive done so many trips there - including finally getting to Lugarno area last yr.but in yr church altar tip which god's mother? as God who is creator hasnt a mother. all the best.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM

The ice cream at Seven Easy looks yummy! And if I visited Ascona now and then I would also go there every time.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Das Eis schaut richtig lecker aus! Und Ascona sehr nett!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I think this monument with the footprints of the football players look great - what an awesome idea!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Ascona