"Welcome to Bauma" Bauma by yumyum
Bauma Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 23 photos
I came to Bauma for work reasons in 2007 and 2008 but I have previously used this town as a starting point for hiking.
Bauma is situated in the Toesstal in the Zuercher Oberland.
The area of Bauma has been settled relatively late from the 8th century onwards by the Alemannen. Various hamlets started to pop up. In Bauma itself there were only 4 buildings in 1651. The Monastery of St. Gallen was active here and also brought Christianty to this part.
- In a nutshell:A good starting point for regional hikes!
You can reach Bauma by car from Winterthur through the Toess valley and continue further up the valley. From Bauma you... more travel advice
Until the first church was built in 1651 the inhabitants had to go to the town of Baeretswil or Pfaeffikon for service... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Bauma Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bauma
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Bauma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bauma
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 113 reviews, 343 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 37 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 32 reviews, 92 photos
- Visp Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues