"Welcome to Brig" Top 5 Page for this destination Brig by yumyum

Brig Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 266 photos

In the past I often changed trains in Brig as it is a railway crossroad. I always wanted to see more of it, ever since Brig was in the news in 1993 when the town was covered in a mud avalanche. Since then the pretty city reemerged.

Brig also has thermal baths in the part of Brig called Brigerbad. Behind Brig's railway station you can cross the Rhone river and you are in Naters which has a very different old part of town with old wooden buildings.

• In a nutshell:Take a break here and explore!
  • Last visit to Brig: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2007

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM

This town is now on my list of places to visit! Thanks Sonja!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Sonja, you were lucky to visit that picturesque and majestic place....Thanks for sharing! ><><><

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Wonderful page you have here...Ive driven by turn offs a few times while staying outside of Fribourg..as it happens I'm able to be back there this Summer..I'm going to make Brig a stopover..Its looks like a wonderful place to explore!!Thanks Yumyum!!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Lovely! How I would love to wander the old part of town, and the Churches, they have such beautiful altars!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2007 at 9:21 AM

The old town looks like a pretty place to walk around in! The mud avalanche sounds awful!

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 3:31 AM

Oh such a pretty place,shhh keep it quiet before it gets invaded by tourists. Thanks for viewing Florence on my pages, ages since I had a peek at yours and what a busy traveller you have been

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 1:16 PM

I don't think I have ever been to Brig, not even to change trains, but it looks very nice in your photos. I used to think it must be horrible because brig is an American word for a military prison.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Hi Sonja, it seems I never finish my swiss pages, you on the other hand did a great job:) I did made a wonderful picture book for the family though.

• Oct 3, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Morning Sonja, every time I look at your pages, you have visited somewhere else and written a page about it. Looks nice! You must be looking forward to your holiday in Romania now :)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Brig looks very interesting = loved the churches and the palace = old travel by stagecoach would have been wonderful = good work Sonja

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Brig