"Welcome to Erlenbach" Erlenbach by yumyum
Erlenbach Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
As a tourist you usually notice Erlenbach from a ship that takes you on a journey on lake Zurich. Erlenbach is a town which houses a lot of well to do people on the so called "Goldkueste" ie gold coast.
Erlenbach was already a popular place in around 5000 years ago. There are traces that people lived on stilt houses in the lake, then the Romans travelled through as Erlenbach is located on the major road along this side of the lake.
Apparently "Erlibach" was first mentioned in 981 in connection with the famous monastery in Einsiedeln.
In the old days a lot of income in Erlenbach was from the vinyards. Still today you can make out some vinyards when you pass by boat.
Erlenbach has also seen many soldiers from other nations like Russia, France and Austria in long gone wars.
You may also reach Erlenbach by train (S-Bahn) from Zurich.
- In a nutshell:Certainly a pleasant place to live in.
yumyum's Related Pages
Erlenbach Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Erlenbach
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (174)
Have you been to Erlenbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erlenbach
Photos in ErlenbachSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue