"Welcome to Hasle-Rueegsau" Hasle by yumyum

Hasle Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos

I came to Hasle-Rüegsau with my mom because I didn't want to travel back from Thun with the usual fast trains via Bern to Zurich.

The railway station is called Hasle-Rüegsau but the name of the town is nothing like that at all. There is "Hasle bei Burgdorf" and "Rüegsau" with a part of town called "Rueegsauschachen".

VT database has just Hasle (bei Burgdorf). Please not that the centre of Hasle is situated more or less uphill from the railway station and that across the river Emme you will find Rüegsauschachen.

Hasle-Rueegsau is situated in the lower Emmental, a lovely area with hills and big wooden houses which is good for hiking and recreation.

• In a nutshell:The wooden bridge is a must see!
  • Last visit to Hasle: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I agree - that wooden bridge does look like a must see! And I have to say that the merengue glace looks like a "must eat"!! But no cheese???
    When we visit our friends in Burgenland, Austria, there is the same custom of greeting everyone in the Gasthof when you arrive, and saying goodbye when you leave. It's a lovely idea, although it can get a bit wearing if there are many comings and goings when you are trying to eat - no time between greetings to take more than one mouthful ;-)

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Isn't it time for Merengues again? Yummy! :-) Love these huge wooden houses in canton Bern, and the wooden bridges, too.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Oh my god.... merengue!!! This reminds me of our stay at Saas-Almagel approx. 1000 years ago (with school). We had so much snow that we couldn't get out and sat in the cafes all the time. Merengue was our common food these days and I love it!! Marvellous covered bridge :-)

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2011 at 9:44 AM

wooden bridge is fantastic!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Hi Sonja, this looks like a great place for hiking. And eating Merengue glacé. It?s interesting that they dismantled that wooden bridge (when it was in the way) and rebuilt it further downstream.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Lovely little page here. I am surprised you have a tip about the Merengue glacé but not about the famous cheese from this region.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Hello, Sonja! You have visited a lot of tiny nice places.... Thanks for your story! I like such tranquil places too...

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Hasle