"Welcome to Meiringen" Top 5 Page for this destination Meiringen by yumyum
Meiringen Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 184 photos
I first visited Meiringen and surroundings as a child. Later I went on a day tour to Grimsel to see the cristals in the mountain and on that occassion we also visited the Aareschlucht. I must have been quite fascinated by that gorge because I decided to return once more.
So, for me the reason to visit Meiringen is neither Sherlock Holmes nor skiing in winter but the gorge and of course the famous "merengues" (see local customs).
- In a nutshell:Base to hiking paradise - not as touristy as Interlaken
The Hasli museum is a local lore museum. It is next to the last old wooden houses which weren't destroyed in the various... more travel advice
The church’s bell tower stands entirely separate from the church und has a very special architecture. The front side... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Meiringen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sherlock Holmes never lived, BUT died in Meiringen"
- "Welcome to Meiringen"
- "Meiringen - Sherlock Holmes Town"
- "Meiringen the starting point for many trips"
- "Meiringen and Reichenbachfalle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Meiringen
- Hotels in Meiringen
- Transportation in Meiringen
- Restaurants in Meiringen
- Shopping in Meiringen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Meiringen
- 13 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Meiringen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meiringen
Photos in MeiringenSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue