"Pontresina" Pontresina by yumyum
Pontresina Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 135 photos
Pontresina or Puntraschigna in Romansh language was first mentioned in 1137 as "Pontem Sarasinam" and later in 1303 as "Ponte Sarracino". Today less than 10% of the inhabitants speak the local language Romansh. The town is spread out and therefore lies between 1777 and 1860 meters above sea level.
In the middle ages the town was more famous than St. Moritz. Not many old buildings still exist as their was a big fire at the beginning of the 18th century.
Pontresina is a crossroad and is situated just north of Bernina pass.
- In a nutshell:A good base for exploring the region.
Pontresina is a crossroad for trains. There are trains to St. Moritz, to Samaden and from there to Chur or Scuol-Tarasp... more travel advice
You can easily explore Pontresina on foot but you sometimes have to walk uphill. One of the very old buildings left from... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Pontresina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beauty of Far East Switzerland"
- "A sweet lil town"
- "Great skiing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pontresina
- Hotels in Pontresina
- Transportation in Pontresina
- Restaurants in Pontresina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pontresina
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (174)
Have you been to Pontresina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pontresina
Photos in PontresinaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue