"Poschiavo - gateway to the south" Poschiavo by yumyum
Poschiavo Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 140 photos
The orignial settlers came from the south, the Roman empire and brought christianity. "Postclave" was first mentioned in 824. In the Middle Ages it made itself independent and started to orientate itself north and in 1803 joined the Confederatione Helvetica, today's Switzerland.
We came here on 29th December because we travelled the Bernina railway. On the way south we just passed through by train but decided to check it out on the way north. The small town with about 3500 inhabitants turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.
- In a nutshell:A small pearl with Italian feeling!
The tourist office is located in the Casa Comunale at the main square and you can get a free map with explanations on... more travel advice
This baroque church was built between 1692 and 1712 and it is considered as one of the most beautiful in Switzerland.... more travel advice
- Pear bread (Buendner Birnbrot)
- Christmas crib
- See All Poschiavo Lake
yumyum's Related Pages
Poschiavo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Poschiavo - gateway to the south"
- "Poschiavo - Italianita in Switzerland"
- "Checking out where the ancestors came from"
- "St. Moritz to Poschiavo via the Bernina Express"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Poschiavo
- Hotels in Poschiavo
- Transportation in Poschiavo
- Restaurants in Poschiavo
- Shopping in Poschiavo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Poschiavo
- 23 Reviews
- 70 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Poschiavo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Poschiavo
- Posted in Travel Zürich Forum "Re: how much time to allow for..."
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Poschiavo travel pages
- updated a Poschiavo Travel Page "Poschiavo - gateway to the south"
- Wrote a Review Map from the tourist office in Poschiavo What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "Map from the tourist office"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue