Zürich Sports & Outdoors Tips by yumyum Top 5 Page for this destination
Zürich Sports & Outdoors: 25 reviews and 34 photos
The Hardturm stadion is home to the Grasshoppers club. It's an older stadium that is supposed to be replaced eventually. The original plan was that the new stadium should be finished for the Euro 2008 but there were so many objections by various parties with different interests, so it remains to be seen when there actually will be a new one.
Many years ago I watched here my first and last football match as a young adult.
The old Hardturm has closed for good in autumn 2007. The grasshoppers are now guests in the new Letzigrund until they have a new home. It's not yet known, when this will be the case. There are voices that think that Zurich should only have one soccer club with the new Hardturm as their home and the Letzigrund should only be for other purposes.
Directions: Hardturm tram stop on line 4
Theme: Sports Watching
The Letzigrund is home to the FC Zurich. Currently, they are building a new stadion for the Euro 2008. This stadium belongs to the city of Zurich and this is also were the "Weltklasse Zurich" atlethic meeting takes place.
Address: FC Zuerich Platz
Directions: Letzigraben tram stop on line 2
Other Contact: www.weltklassezuerich.ch
Theme: Sports Watching
old style pedalo
Near Quaibruecke in the Limmat river or at the lake side you can rent a pedalo. These small boats can be rented by the hour and you have to pedal in order to move.
Directions: near Quaibruecke
This "Männerbadi" is privately run and located in "Schanzengraben". It's free of charge and open from 1st of June till end of August or longer if the weather is still nice. Swimming and sun bathing strictly for men only.
The men's swimming area was originally opened in 1864.
There is also a bar called Rimini bar from 7.30 pm till midnight. The bar is open to men and women!
Address: Badweg 10
Directions: in the Schanzengraben near Sihlporte between City Hallenbad and Park zur Katz (old botanical garden)
Phone: 044 211 95 94
entrance to indoor pool
This centrally located indoor pool run by the city features a 50 m pool as well as a non-swimming pool. They also run a variety of courses like Aqua Fit. They also have sauna and solarium, restaurant, boutique etc.
The pool is open every day from 7am till 9 or 10 pm. On Thursdays from 4-6 pm it's for females only.
Address: Sihlstr. 71
Phone: 044 219 77 22
More Reviews (116)
- See All Down to earth in Oerlikon
- See All Christmas markets
- See All Christmas lights from 2010
- See All Elefantenbach
- See All Freitag bags
yumyum's Related Pages
Zürich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Zürich - my hometown"
- "My Züri Page"
- "Zurich - Metropolis between lakes and mountains"
- "The world's capital of understatement"
- "ZURICH OR DAVOS?"
- "Opera and cycling in Zürich"
- "Miär liäbed Züri... - We love Zurich"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zürich
- Hotels in Zürich
- Transportation in Zürich
- Nightlife in Zürich
- Restaurants in Zürich
- Shopping in Zürich
- Warnings and Dangers in Zürich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zürich
- 121 Reviews
- 357 Photos
- 67 Forum posts
- 111 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (172)
Have you been to Zürich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zürich
Photos in ZürichSee All Photos (357)
Videos in ZürichSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (194)
- Bahnhofstrasse- 36 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Grossmünster Churche- 62 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Lindenhof- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Uetliberg- 17 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Lake Zürich- 53 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Fraumünster Churche- 42 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Lindt & Sprungli Chocolate Factory Shop- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Swiss National Museum- 26 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Hauptbahnhof - Main Station- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- St. Peter's Church- 28 Reviews, 64 Photos
See All Zürich Things to Do