"Welcome to Bled" Bled by yumyum

Bled Travel Guide: 786 reviews and 1,942 photos

I came to Bled on a grey, drizzling, rainy day off season in October by bus from Ljubljana with an Australian couple I met the same morning at breakfast in the hotel.

I must say I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with Bled. I'm sure it's much prettier in sunny weather but I wouldn't want to visit here in peak season with all the crowds either.

Off season, you will find that almost everything is closed for winter.

Apart from the island with the church which you can either view from the lake shore or visit by boat, you may go up to Bled castle and enjoy the view from up there. I haven't been up to the castle but I walked around the lake which was very pleasant.

• Last visit to Bled: Oct 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I find here very useful information! Thank you!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I thought Bled was lovely but we were also there on a cloudy day off season. At least it wasn't crowded!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2011 at 2:55 AM

You captured the spirit of the day in the intro pic pretty well :-) Do we already get to the age of using these little tourist trains? LOL

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2011 at 5:06 AM

nice little page

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 9:16 PM

It looks nice, even in the grey drizzly weather. Your intro photo with the reflection is charming :-) And.... I could eat a piece of polenta now as well :-)

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Good start! Lovely intro pic.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Lovely little page about Bled, which I once visited on a sunny day in summer. Interesting to read about the price differences for the bus trip.

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Bled