"Welcome to my travelpages!" yumyum's Profile

My first trip abroad was to Vienna when I was five years old. Ever since then the travel bug has never left me although the interests in different countries have changed. I work, save money, travel, work and save money again and again....

Generally, I prefer travelling by train even long distances and even if it means that I don't know how to sit anymore :)))

I am lucky that I have been to many countries. First I travelled with my parents mainly to Austria, Holland, Germany, Mallorca, Athens. Later I did two long overland trips (3 and 7 months) with Encounter Overland, a company no longer existing, with camping and cooking ourselves through many African and Asian countries. I've also been to Australia several times. OZ used to be my favourite country. But these days I cannot tell you which my favourite country is. I've also been on a couple of cruises, one of which took me to South America. In the past few years, I've enjoyed exploring more of Europe.

Happy travels to everyone!

(PS: I'm not interested in people seeking romance, so don't bother adding me as a friend or writing to me if that is your aim - thank you)

Travel in 2014

March: Munich (Germany)
May: Riga (Latvia)

Travel in 2013

March: Madeira
April/May: Northern Spain

Travel in 2012

In May/June 2012 we did a 2 weeks trip to Northern Italy which included visiting places like Milano (just overnight), Brescia, Iseo, Monte Isola, Edolo, Capo di Ponte, Pisogne, Sulzano, Sale Marasino, Bergamo, Trieste, Opicina, Muggia, Gorizia, Treviso plus Nova Gorica and Sezana in Slovenia.

In August/September 2012 we travelled to Croatia and surroundings for 2 weeks visiting Trogier, Solaris resort, Sibenik, Krka N.P., Slunj, Bihac (BIH), Zagreb and Ljubljana (SLO).

In October we visited Amsterdam for a weekend.

In late December we took a short trip to Domodossola and Val Vigezzo in Italy and Locarno/Bellinzona in Switzerland.

I plan to make a lot of small pages on villages as I like to make small pages on places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.

Please note that all pictures are made by me (unless I'm on the picture or it's otherwise stated) and I therefore have the copyright. So if you would like to use any of them then please contact me. Thanks.

My latest new pages:

Poo (Llanes) (Astruria, Spain) 23.06.13
Hendaye (France) 15.07.13

I like making small pages on villages or places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.

• Intro Updated May 31, 2014

regards from Spain

Other comments
  • toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hi Sonja, and thanks so much for organising the card from Karlsruhe which arrived today - such a lovely thought :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Thank you, Sonja for the rain of comments and ratings on my pages about Russia!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Hi mate. Thanks for signing my postcard and helping to entertain me as a va on the recent Rushbearing meet :o) Still have fond memories of Paris!! :o) And your vt nic is so cute! :o) Big hugs, Ann xx

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Thanks for visiting Kalgoorlie. I hope the page brought back some memories for you. I saw by your map you had been to Australia but didn't know where. Too far back for tips? Do hope you enjoyed your time when you visited. Nice to hear from you again Dee

• jacquesrenaud's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Bon anniversaire Sonja !

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Happy birthday Sonja! Have a good one! 

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Great to see you're coming over for Rushbearing!

• suvanki's Profile Photo
      Jul 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Great News!!!'

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
      Jul 21, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Well said in Misc - why would anyone sign up for something that got cancelled once already?

• SONG's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

I love your PPP..........darling bears.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
      Jun 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM

thanks, they were teenage bears in the Berne bear park.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Thanks Sonja! Australia is campers paradise, especially in the National Parks. You would love it. Probably have a Kookaburra on your tent pole waiting to steal meat, and Kangaroos and Wallabies around your tent.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
yumyum's Profile Photo

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Real Name