"Welcome to Mayschoss in the Ahr Valley" Mayschoß by yumyum
Mayschoß Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 36 photos
Reason for me to come here to this wine region was rhineroll's wineroll meeting. If the weather were nice, it would be lovely to hike in the surrounding hills.
Mayschoss was first mentioned in 1106 under the name "Meinscozen". It boasts the oldest castle (or what's left of it) in the Ahr valley. It also has the world's oldest officially registered wine-grower's co-operative.
- In a nutshell:For wine lovers!
Local venison with local red wine. That's the way to go! Both grow in Mayschoss. more travel advice
There are a couple of shops along the main street with souvenirs and local crafts. During festival season some items are... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Mayschoß Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Mayschoss in the Ahr Valley"
- "Mayschoß - Wine town in the Ahr Valley"
- "Wine festival village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mayschoß
- Transportation in Mayschoß
- Restaurants in Mayschoß
- Shopping in Mayschoß
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mayschoß
- 9 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (174)
Have you been to Mayschoß?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mayschoß
Photos in MayschoßSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue