"Krasnoyarsk - a stop on the Transsiberian" Krasnoyarsk by yumyum

Krasnoyarsk Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 50 photos

We stopped in Krasnoyarsk for two nights coming from Tomsk and continuing to Irkutsk. Funny enough, we couldn't find any internet café in the whole center of town even though we asked lots of young people.

Krasnoyarsk was founded in the 17th century by cossaks.

If you decided to stop here, make sure you visit Stolby National Park and the Regional Museum.

• In a nutshell:A good stop if your schedule allows it
  • Last visit to Krasnoyarsk: Oct 2004
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Thank you, Secret Agent Yumyum, for successfully accomplishing the difficult Dvingorsk dam infiltration and reconnaissance mission! Your next assignment is the nuclear weapons facility at Zheleznogorsk!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Great page, Sonja! I've been to Krasnoyarsk once on business (taking exams in the University). Unfortunately haven't any pics - no chance to make a VT-page...

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for educating me on this tiny slice of the vast empty spaces east of Moscow!! Your Dvingorsk dam expedition sounded like quite an adventure! I also liked the looks of your hiking surroundings in Stolby Park.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 6:17 AM

Looks like you've had an adventurous day "off-the-beaten-path". Have to do the Transsib again...

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2007 at 8:34 AM

Sounds to be an interesting stop for a couple of days, and nice to hike in Stolby!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 6:42 AM

nice photos! in spite of I was here twice I wasn't in Stolby National Park :-( next time I hope to do that.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Interesting city :-) Some of the buildings look really nice (like the yellow one). Haha, I had to laugh when reading about your dam experience :-)) But... luckily they understood you :-)

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 2:34 AM

Love those rocks at Stolby National Park!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Fabulous new page. I didn't know that rats have no future in Krasnoyarsk. I really like the soviet mosaic with all the happy people just outside the train station ... *winkygrin*

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Very interesting page, especially since I know somebody who used to live in Krasnoyarsk! Thanks for sharing, Sonja!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Krasnoyarsk

Have you been to Krasnoyarsk?