"Novosibirsk - a Soviet style giant" Top 5 Page for this destination Novosibirsk by yumyum

Novosibirsk Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 405 photos

I came to Novosibirsk on my Transsib trip in autumn 2004 from Moscow to Vladivostok. I didn't desparately want to stop here but my travel mate wanted to have a look before heading to Tomsk, so after an overnight train journey from Omsk, we stayed here overnight to have a shower/clothes washing break.

• In a nutshell:Big ugly city - ok for a break if you have time to waste
  • Last visit to Novosibirsk: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2007

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Interesting page here & I do like the Lonely Planet Guides for less well known places too/

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 12:19 PM

very nice page. i really like these decaying towns in the former east block. mabye not the prettiest, but damn interesting.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 7:50 AM

Just had a glimpse of Novosibirsk when our train stopped there for a while. The strange thing was, we left Yekaterinburg at below 0°C and the temperature in Novosibirsk was above +20°C when we arrived the next morning!!!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2007 at 4:02 AM

yeah, the most soviet-style city in Syberia i've ever seen

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Impressive railway station :-) Ahh, and the woods look almost as Dr. Schiwago's :-)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Oh, Novosibirsk, you took me 20 years back :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 1:26 PM

Summer and + 15 C in Russia and +7 C and snow in Germany. Keep up the good work ... :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Sure you've studied the Siberia better them the majority of Russians (I've never been to Novosibirsk). I wish to study only little part of huge Swiss as good as you learnt a large part of small Russia! Summer has come here:+15 today!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Novosibirsk

Have you been to Novosibirsk?

Latest Activity in Novosibirsk