"Welcome to Pavlovsk" Pavlovsk by yumyum
Pavlovsk Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 33 photos
The Great Place (here a side view) is situated in a huge park. In order to reach the palace you have to pay an entry fee into the park. Once inside the park it is easy to get lost as the signs are not terribly helpful. Well, we actually got lost on the way out after exploring the "natural" bits of the park.
A fair few people coming from the railway station seem to approach the palace from its back side. On the back there is a small garden that costs extra. You can acutally have a glimpse down from the palace itself if you don't forget to look out of the windows every now and then.
This is part of the main front. When the main ticket booth is shut then you can buy the ticket just inside the main entrance. You have to join a tour in Russian only. You can also buy an additional ticket at the same time for another flat in the building.
You can do it in a daytrip or combine it with Pushkin but then go to Pushkin first as the system of getting tickets there is more complicated. (see Pushkin page)
Make sure you check beforehand which are the closing days of the Palace!
- Pros:Lovely park, take a picnic!
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit even if you don't want to go into the palace.
Loose yourself in the park and exit into the datscha area and walk back that way to the railway station. Ask people for... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Pavlovsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Pavlovsk"
- "Pavlovsk - Paul's Secluded Palace"
- "One of the largest landscape parks in Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pavlovsk
- Transportation in Pavlovsk
- Restaurants in Pavlovsk
- Shopping in Pavlovsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pavlovsk
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Pavlovsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pavlovsk
Photos in PavlovskSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue