"Welcome to Neustrelitz" Neustrelitz by yumyum

Neustrelitz Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 37 photos

I came to Neustrelitz in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern one day in July 2011 on a daytrip from Berlin. I first travelled from Berlin to Neubrandenburg and on my return trip to Berlin I made a brief visit to Neustrelitz.

In 2011 the Baroque town is 278 years old. The big market square is 4 meters higher on one side than on the other side. The market square is also in the middle like a star with roads going from there in all directions.

• Pros:Quiet and pretty
  • Cons:Too quiet?!
  • In a nutshell:A relaxing town popular with families and older people
  • Last visit to Neustrelitz: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 4, 2011

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2011 at 2:52 AM

the place seems to be interesting to visit for a day trip from Berlin. The wooden family looks very friendly indeed :-)))

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2011 at 3:36 AM

I remember visiting once in DDR-times, but it didn't look that pretty back then! Although it seems to be VERY quiet nowadays ... Didn't know the history of the Strelitzie flowers, have one in the garden.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Thanks for posting VT’s first and only page on Neustrelitz! It does look very quiet and clean (I hope people really use those bags to clean up after their dogs) and I’m sure you’re right that it would be a great place for cycling.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Gorgeous new page with brilliant photos of your little side trip. The wooden family looks escpecially cute. Well done.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Interesting place for a brief visit! This Baroque town looks very attractive. If I bring our dog there I'll remember your local custom tip, haha!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2011 at 9:27 PM

thats an interesting place to visit as an easy halfdaytrip from Berlin ! Interesting to read about "Strelitzia reginae", it really reminds me a lot of a bird as well !

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Hello, Sonja! like you, I enjoy visiting remote places in Ukraine...Thanks for sharing!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Neustrelitz

Have you been to Neustrelitz?

Latest Activity in Neustrelitz