"Tomsk - a Siberian pearl" Top 5 Page for this destination Tomsk by yumyum
Tomsk Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 172 photos
In autumn 2004 I travelled the Transsiberian railroad from Moscow via Kazan (where I found a Dutch travelmate), Ekaterinburg (with side trip to Chelyabinsk), Omsk, Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk (side trip to Listvyanka), Ulan Ude, Khabarovsk and Vladivostok and further overland via Harbin to Beijing.
Tomsk doesn't actually lie on the Transsib but has railway connection. It's a most charming town and we arrived from Novosibirsk by minibus, stayed overnight and next evening took the night train to Krasnoyarsk. We travelled off season and bought our tickets along the way.
- In a nutshell:Don't miss it!
In Tomsk you will find all the contrasts right in the city center. Huge Soviet style buildings next to tsarist... more travel advice
I encountered this mosque which seemed to be under renovation or something when on the way to the wooden houses. I'm not... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Tomsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tomsk - a Siberian pearl"
- "Old Siberian City"
- "Une journée à Tomsk"
- "ndahl's new Tomsk Page"
- "Charming Siberian town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tomsk
- Hotels in Tomsk
- Transportation in Tomsk
- Restaurants in Tomsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Tomsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tomsk
- 20 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (173)
Have you been to Tomsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tomsk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue