"Welcome to Suceava" Top 5 Page for this destination Suceava by yumyum
Suceava Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 286 photos
We came to Suceava on our way from Cluj-Napoca to Chernivtsi in Ukraine. Make sure that you will visit the Moldavian monasteries from Suceava. Most of those outdoor and indoor wall painted churches are UNESCO protected.
Suceava itself was first mentioned in the 14th century when it was fortified by Petru I. Musat. It eventually became the capital of the Moldavian princes. During those times the town reached its peak. Once the capital was transferred to Iasiin 1565, everything went downhill. Under the Hungaro-Austrian rule it was just another provincial town. Today, Suceava is an industrial town with around 110000 inhabitants.
- Pros:Castle, churches and a most friendly hostel!
- Cons:A bit off the beaten path.
- In a nutshell:A good base for the Moldavian monasteries!
This is the city's main square. Here you find the culture palace, pedestrian zones, the big Mc at the bottom across the... more travel advice
If you want to see a bustling market with lots of food stalls then you need to come here. There are also lots of small... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Suceava Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Suceava"
- "THE LAND OF LEGENDS"
- "Suceava and Southern Bucovina 2005"
- "MOLDAVIA AND BUCOVINA."
- "Home Sweet Home for a Bucovina Monastery Visit"
- "Gateway to the Painted Churches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suceava
- Hotels in Suceava
- Transportation in Suceava
- Restaurants in Suceava
- Shopping in Suceava
- Warnings and Dangers in Suceava
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suceava
- 19 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Suceava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suceava
Photos in SuceavaSee All Photos (65)
Videos in SuceavaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue