Targu-Mures Restaurant Tips by yumyum Top 5 Page for this destination
Targu-Mures Restaurants: 8 reviews and 14 photos
We were walking along Piata Trandafirilor looking for Pizzeria Leo. The place was under refurbishing and we don't know whether it will reopen again as Pizzeria. We saw two other restaurant in backyards of Piata Trandafirilor but we kept on walking. At the end of Piata Victoriei we spotted the Mures Mall shopping center and on its top floor you will find the NYC pub & grill.
There is a pub or rather lounge part with a bar and then they have some normal tables where you order à la carte ie things like pizza etc.
The bigger section is the grill bit which is actually an all you can eat place. You pay RON 19 per person at the turnstile and get a plastic card with which you then can leave again through the turnstile once you're done. Drinks have to be paid separately and are served at the table.
The buffet style meals consists of various dishes of staples, salads, meat with sauces, some fish, soups, deserts etc. and then there is the grill. Since their English is limited I only took some meat from the piglet on the spit and the lamm on the spit (lamm is only available in season). When I asked what meat it was I was told that it was white and makes "baa" :-) You can have grilled vegetable as well. Later when leaving the shopping center we picked up a leaflet and it seems that there are other meats to order but we didn't know about it then.
We would normaly choose a place like this but since it was getting late, we thought why not having a try.
Staff was friendly and I figured that they probably don't get too many tourists outside the main season.
Please note that like in most Romanian restaurants people will smoke. You cannot avoid it unless you picnic.
PS: Apparently there is free wifi in the shopping center
Address: corner Cuza Voda/Gheorghe Doja
Directions: Mures Mall shopping center
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (19)
yumyum's Related Pages
Targu-Mures Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Targu Mures"
- "Targu Mures-Marosvarashely-Neumarkt"
- "Targu Mures"
- "CITY OF THE ROSES"
- "Tg. Mures (Marosvásárhely, Neumarkt)"
- "Targu Mures -- Hungarian heart of Transylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Targu-Mures
- Hotels in Targu-Mures
- Transportation in Targu-Mures
- Restaurants in Targu-Mures
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Targu-Mures
- 20 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Targu-Mures?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Targu-Mures
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue