"Welcome to Targu Mures" Targu-Mures by yumyum

Targu-Mures Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 216 photos

We flew into Targu Mures one mid afternoon for our Easter trip and decided to stay one night before continuing to Sighisoara. We were glad to do a bit of sightseeing and the town turned out to be more interesting than anticipated. We missed a few sights though as in the end it would have been better to have a full day to explore.

• In a nutshell:Worth visiting for a day!
  • Last visit to Targu-Mures: Apr 2012
  • Intro Updated May 12, 2012

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

an interesting place, that I have often heared of and they have lots of great churches, I think my favorite would be the small wooden orthodox church !

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Too bad they are still smoking in restaurants. Now when we are used to non-smoking meals the cigarett smoke ca really ruin a good meal. There seem to be many nice looking churches in Targu-Mures. And as Don and Sarah, I have never heard of Brancovenesc architecture before.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

How pleased you must be that you found the time to look around here! I love the old wooden church - it's great you met that man and could see inside (although maybe he hangs around all the time for that purpose!) I gather that the she-wolf statues are of the Romulus and Remus legend? I hadn't thought especially of that connection till seeing your photos. And you are not the only one who had not heard of Brancovenesc architecture - it's a new one on me as well as on you and Don!

Good transpport tips especially, and your hotel looks great, but I would find it hard to get used again to people smoking in the restaurants :-(

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Excellent page on this town, very interesting! Seems there are plenty of services going on all the time here :-) Lucky you that you could sneak into so many churches.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Interesting tips! I must admit that I have never heard of the Brancovenesc style of architecture before, much less the Neo-Brancovenesc style. Maybe the theater and the Palace of Culture were also built in the Neo-Brancovenesc style? They do look somewhat similar.

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM

It would have never ocurred to me to visit Targu Mures, but your page made me curious. I might change my mind about visiting there ;-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I knew almost nothing about this city. Now know it has a lot of Orthodox churches (yes, Romania is an Orthodox country in main). Loved the statue of the Lupa Capitolina on your intro photo! All the best wishes from Moscow on the Victory Day!

• May 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM

very beautiful town! the palace of culture iv very impressive. and so many differesnt churches!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Targu Mures was indeed a little surprise. Lovely little page here. Well done.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Excellent page! Targu Mures seems to be a cute little town.

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Targu-Mures

Have you been to Targu-Mures?

Latest Activity in Targu-Mures