"Welcome to Gniezno" Top 5 Page for this destination Gniezno by yumyum
Gniezno Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 82 photos
We came to Gniezno on Easter Sunday as a day trip from Poznan by local train. It turned out to be a very pleasant trip with blue sky but with almost everything closed.
Gniezno is said to be the birthplace of Poland. Funny enough it's a German doing. Kaiser Otto III. made a pilgrimage to the grave of holy Adalbert who's remains were retrieved by Boleslaw I. for gold. Adalbert was beheaded on a missionary trip. Anyway, in the cathedral Otto ennobled his vassal and therefore Poland was born.
- In a nutshell:It's a must to see Poland's birthplace!
There is only one little piece of city wall left. But where the city gates used to stand you may find little pyramids... more travel advice
The reliquary of St. Wojciech is placed in the centre of the chancel of the cathedral. I was very impressed by the... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Gniezno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Gniezno"
- "GNiEZNO - under construction"
- "GNIEZNO - the cradle of Poland."
- "GNIEZNO - the first capital of Poland - 966"
- "Gniezno, Poland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gniezno
- Hotels in Gniezno
- Transportation in Gniezno
- Shopping in Gniezno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gniezno
- 10 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Gniezno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gniezno
- Posted in Travel Zürich Forum "Re: how much time to allow for..."
- Commented on one of evona's Gniezno travel pages
- Wrote a Review Old city walls and gates in Gniezno Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old city walls and gates"
- updated a Gniezno Travel Page "Welcome to Gniezno"
- Uploaded a Video to Gniezno
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue