"Welcome to Offenburg" Offenburg by yumyum

Offenburg Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 161 photos

I finally stopped in Offenburg in June 2011 after I had passed this town so many times by train.

I found a pleasant town with a lovely but small old centre and parks, churches and ice cream parlours.

In December 2011 I returned with a bunch of VTers to check out the Christmas market and the sights (see travelogues).

• In a nutshell:Break your train journey!
  • Last visit to Offenburg: Dec 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 12, 2011

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I loved reading this page! You found so much of interest, especially all the unusual fountains and statues! Your favorite is mine too!

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Lovely place and lovely page! :) I believe Germany has loads of such small cozy places. I hope you are doing well! :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

an interesting page and I even see Nessie there in the pedestrian zone in your main picture ! ;-)

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Hi,

Working in Dublin, but only a couple of overnight trips. Worked in France, but didn't live there. Did live in Ethiopia, USA and UK. Next stop(s) Honduras and Belieze. You?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM

It's great that having finally got off the train to explore this town, you found such a likeable place :-) I love all the fountains (the peeing one made me smile) and of course the bird statues - such fun! The Dreifaltigkeitskirche looks lovely too, especially the stained glass (I love modern stained glass).

We saw these Stolpersteine in Berlin too - a very moving idea I thought.

And you obviously had a nice little VT meeting too, even if the Christmas market was disappointing. What a shame you forgot the flags though - I bet you could have got some good photos with the birds ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Great updates in the "Things to do" section. - Lovely page about your two visits of Offenburg. Brilliant photos of the VT tour as well. The bird - or whatever animals they are - statues are indeed great fun.

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Found the picture Sonja :) Great pictures of a wonderful meeting.

• Dec 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM

funny statues of birds :-)) interesting place, famous with Burda family

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Hi Sonja, I enjoyed seeing you again in Karlsruhe on Saturday evening. Sorry I couldn’t join you for the Offenburg tour. From your tips it looks like an interesting town! The only Mikwe I have been to is the one in Friedberg. Thanks for including the tip about the NextBikes. I have used them recently in Dortmund and Hamburg.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Hello, Sonja! I would have enjoyed my stay there I am sure...I like those bronze guys too....

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Offenburg

Have you been to Offenburg?

Latest Activity in Offenburg