"Welcome to Zgorzelec" Zgorzelec by yumyum
Zgorzelec Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 94 photos
We came here on Easter Saturday on a day trip from Dresden to Goerlitz. Zgorzelec used to be a suburb of Goerlitz before 1945 in what was then Schlesia. In 1945 the Soviets gave the other side of the Neisse river to Poland but for a long time not many Poles settled here. Only after the Goerlitz contracts of 1950 the town was planned. Since Poland joined the Schengen treaty you can walk freely over the border.
BTW, my things to do tips are in the order of our walk.
- In a nutshell:A must when you are in Goerlitz.
The millenium monument is by the Armenian artist Vahan Bego and was inaugurated on 11.11.2000. In the background is the... more travel advice
When you travel by car you will come across the Pope John Paul II bridge. On both ends you will find a monument to him... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Zgorzelec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Zgorzelec"
- "At Zgorzelec"
- "A Wombat's Hop To Poland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zgorzelec
- Hotels in Zgorzelec
- Transportation in Zgorzelec
- Warnings and Dangers in Zgorzelec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zgorzelec
- 18 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (174)
Have you been to Zgorzelec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zgorzelec
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue