"Welcome to Zgorzelec" Zgorzelec by yumyum

Zgorzelec Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 80 photos

We came here on Easter Saturday on a day trip from Dresden to Goerlitz. Zgorzelec used to be a suburb of Goerlitz before 1945 in what was then Schlesia. In 1945 the Soviets gave the other side of the Neisse river to Poland but for a long time not many Poles settled here. Only after the Goerlitz contracts of 1950 the town was planned. Since Poland joined the Schengen treaty you can walk freely over the border.

BTW, my things to do tips are in the order of our walk.

• In a nutshell:A must when you are in Goerlitz.
  • Last visit to Zgorzelec: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 11, 2008

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2011 at 7:36 AM

The main pic is so pretty. Looks like Zgorzelec is a lovely and peaceful little town to visit. See you soon.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2010 at 4:10 AM

How interesting to just be able to stroll into another country across the bridge like that! I like the colourful houses :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM

We also have our Easter bread and Easter eggs blessed on the Easter.... It's a very nice place indeed....

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM

What a absolutely charming place. I enjoyed your wonderful tips and photographs. You always do such a lovely job with your discriptions. Nice page!

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

this is a really nice page I would love to travel more in Poland

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2009 at 3:11 PM

back for another look at those colorful buildings and the river. Looks like a very walkable town.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 1:39 AM

enjoyed your page and its great tips. we still have so much to see in Poland. We are planning a longer holiday there once we retire..... only a couple more years to go!! (lol)

• Russell_the_Wombat's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Nice page! You got to see much more of the Polish side than we did. And we only just noticed that my own Zgorzelec page was mislocated (can wombats blush?). Cheers, Russell

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Very beautiful riverside foto!Interesting town.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2008 at 10:13 AM

Nice little town ! Poland is on my wish list ...hope to go there sometimes .

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Zgorzelec

Have you been to Zgorzelec?

Latest Activity in Zgorzelec