"Welcome to Noordwijk aan Zee" Top 5 Page for this destination Noordwijk aan Zee by yumyum
Noordwijk aan Zee Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 163 photos
I first came to Noordwijk when I was about 10 years old for a beach holiday. We stayed in a bed and breakfast with my parents and my granddad. The Vuurtorenplein on the picture played an important role when I was there as a kid, as this was a busy place where to buy my then favourite fast food "Frikadellen". It's a big difference to see Noordwijk off season like on this visit. This time we walked here from Katwijk an Zee and then back again.
Noordwijk aan Zee was first settled by fishermen in the 15th century. In the 18th century the fishermen were restricted under Napoleon Bonaparte who feared that they would trade with England. The fishing industry declined further in the 19th century with even more restrictions from the new monarchy government. The last fishing boat left Noordwijk in 1913.
From 1866 the beach resort started to develop. First, it was only for the rich people who also visited the nearby flower farms when holidaying.
Today, you can find all kind of accomodation from Bed and Breakfast to 5 star hotels. When we were there the Dutch National Football team was just about to leave the 5 star hotel to be driven with police escort to their match in Amsterdam that evening.
- In a nutshell:A busy beach resort in summer!
When we visited, it was the day of the open monuments. So this church was open to the public. In the first room there is... more travel advice
We ate each a fish snack from this Kiosk by the town center. It’s just next to the path going down to the beach. I had... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Noordwijk aan Zee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Holland's Finest Beach - Noordwijk Aan Zee"
- "Welcome to Noordwijk aan Zee"
- "Great Beach. Great nightlife"
- "Seaside Resort Noordwijk"
- "Noordwijk, Zuid-Holland"
- "Noordwijk aan Zee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Hotels in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Transportation in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Nightlife in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Restaurants in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Shopping in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Warnings and Dangers in Noordwijk aan Zee
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Noordwijk aan Zee
- 5 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Noordwijk aan Zee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Noordwijk aan Zee
- Posted in Travel Canton de Vaud Forum "Re: Work residence in Switzerland"
- updated a Noordwijk aan Zee Travel Page "Welcome to Noordwijk aan Zee"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to Noordwijk aan Zee"
- Wrote a Review Small church in the town center in Noordwijk aan Zee Things to Do
- Commented on one of RoyJava's Noordwijk aan Zee travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 113 reviews, 343 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 37 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 32 reviews, 92 photos
- Visp Intro, 24 reviews, 96 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (191)
Latest Noordwijk aan Zee hotel reviews
- Mercure Hotel Noordwijk
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Mercure Noordzee Hotel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Alexander Hotel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Palace Hotel Noordwijk aan Zee
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hampshire Hotel - De Witte Raaf
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Beach Hotel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013