"Welcome to Scheveningen" Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen by yumyum

Scheveningen Travel Guide: 250 reviews and 795 photos

We came to Scheveningen on a Sunday from Katwijk aan Zee by car. Scheveningen must be packed in summer considering the numbers of restaurants at the promenade by the beach.

Scheveningen is part of Den Haag and is home of many international institutions like the international tribunal etc.

• Last visit to Scheveningen: Sep 2007
  • Intro Updated Sep 10, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2010 at 10:30 AM

We had a family vacation in Scheveningen about 37 years ago, but I don't remember much about it, except that we lived in a very narrow house in which every square or cubic centimeter was used to good advantage.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM

The sculptures are cute and the pancake looks delicious but North Sea seaside doesn't have much appeal for an Aussie! leyle

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 1:23 AM

I have never been to Scheveningen. it seems a lively beech in summer.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 3:01 AM

i was here in the beginning of June, the weather was the same that you have :-( there was the yacht tournament or smth and i saw many different yachts and boats. I think I would like to return here that to see those funny sculrtures again :-))

• MATIM's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Maaike and I where in Scheveningen last week, visiting the musical Tarzan. Besides the theater and the Kurhaus, Scheveningen is just an awfull place

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2007 at 12:44 AM

an interesting place, I have never been there, but remember that Scheveningen was the radio-telephone-station for the Rhine-ships a long time before the invention of cellphones

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2007 at 10:30 AM

That lighthouse looks quite colorful. I love your photo showing noses of three boats.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 1:35 PM

I love coastal places = so enjoyed my virual travels here too - the sculptures are cute!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Have a look at Andrew's page, Sonja! Your intro pics were made from the same place! When I was walking from the Gaaga to the seaside in 1995 I didn't know that I left it and entered Scheveningen! Thank you Sonja - my Sch-gen-page is waiting for its turn.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Oh wow, that looks pretty cool - I mean cold-cool...! Thanks for sharing your impressions on Scheveningen!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Scheveningen

Have you been to Scheveningen?

Latest Activity in Scheveningen