"Welcome to Krekenava" Krekenava by yumyum
Krekenava Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 11 photos
Krekenava is a small town about 30 km south of Panevezys. It lies in Krekenava Regional Park. It is very rural here. There is no accomodation, no tourist information, no restaurant where you can eat, although there are about 3 bars and 2 shops. Krekenava has a big church on a hill and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.
I had a personal interest to come here as my mother's family reemigrated here from Switzerland in 1929 as my grandfather found an opening here as a cheesemaker. Unfortunately he died here the following year and I found here a friend of my grandmother who showed me around. So it was a trip into my family's past. I met very friendly and warm people that made me most welcome.
Most people here have their own garden and most of them have a guard dog too.
This is the main crossroad in town. You can't get lost. There are also several buses a day from Panevezys but best would be to have a car, so that one can explore the park i.e. visit the bisons.
For more impressions please look at the travelogue.
- Pros:Krekenava Regional Park
- Cons:Hardly any public transport
- In a nutshell:Beautiful countryside
They are very common in Lithuania and if there aren't any then something is missing. more travel advice
It is a type of vey dry cheese. It is local Lithuanian food and you can put honey on it. more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Krekenava Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krekenava
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Krekenava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krekenava
Photos in KrekenavaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 115 reviews, 348 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Visp Intro, 25 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos