"Nida in Curonian Spit National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Nida by yumyum

Nida Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 258 photos

Nida is the last town on the Lithuanian side of the Curonian Spit. In off season it is a very quiet place.

Like everywhere there are lots of changes over the years. The pictures on this page were taken in June 2001 on my first visit here. I meanwhile revisited in 2003 and 2005. I really like the place and will revisit again in future.

Nida is a very pretty little town, especially the center where there are still lots of old German built wooden houses.

On the way to the big sanddune with its sun clock.

• Pros:Plenty of nature
  • Cons:lots of tour groups on day trips in high season
  • In a nutshell:Sandy beaches and history!
  • Last visit to Nida: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 30, 2006

• om_212's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2008 at 10:54 AM

nice page. I am thinking about a trip to curonian spit, and if am licky, want to see both, Russian and Lithuanian parts. love the picture of you and your dog.

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2007 at 9:42 PM

nice page, and yes when you find a nice place you never know if to wish that lots of people come and visit or if it preserve without crowds.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Ah I see we can sneek a peek at Russia from here = great beaches but I would probably wander along the wrong one = enjoyed the tour Sonja

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 8:33 AM

Loved this your page! Nida is really nice place to relax! I have been there maybe 7 years ago :)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 12:34 AM

great german architecture here again, kann nicht einmal von den Kommunisten richtig heruntergewirtschaftet werden... ;~)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Fabulous new tips ... so you seem to like the "In your Pocket guides" as well. *winkygrin*

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 2:22 PM

Definitely a place I have to see! Nice page Sonja!

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2003 at 3:12 AM

I love those intro pictures! You have to tell us more about this place in two weeks, okay?

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Nida