Siauliai Things to Do Tips by yumyum Top 5 Page for this destination
Siauliai Things to Do: 67 reviews and 183 photos
When walking through Siauliai you will see a lot of modern monuments, especially along Vilniaus. Some of them like the pelicans are real landmark and therefore focussing points. Others are more commercial being more an advertisment to a nearby shop.
This sculpture by H. Orakauskas created in 1983 shows a man with a top hat who is reading and not smoking. He is here to remember the times when Siauliai was a center of the press.
Address: Tilzes 151
Grandfather with his grandchildren
This popular sculpture by B. Kasperaviciene created in 1976 is beside a busy bus stop. It is one of the most charming statues in Siauliai. It is on the list of Lithuania's cultural monument of local significance.
Address: Prisikelimo Square/Tilzes street
3 birds fountain
This fountain features three birds in flight. The sculpture was created in 1981 by K. Kasperavicius. It is in front of Hotel Siauliai.
Address: Draugystes 25
lovely old style architecture
Originally built between 1846 and 1857 it was a parish-owned girls school with boarding house. In 1947 one part had to be rebuilt and these days it's for girls and boys. In 1994 the grammar school celebrated its 100 year jubilee.
Address: Vilniaus 188
This monumental beauty you find next to the railway station. Just follow the first track west and you see it sitting there proudly. The steam loc no. 660 built in 1948 in Tampella, a Finnish factory, belongs to the Lietuvos Gelezinkeliai (Lithuanian Railways).
Directions: next to the railway station
This clock renovated in 2003 is a popular meeting point for lovers and others. It welcomes the tourists in different languages.
Address: Gaidzio Laikrodzio Square
Directions: at the corner of Vilniaus and Tilzes
This sundial that looks like a monument was constructed for the 750 years anniversary of Siauliai. On top of the column is an archer. The monument consists of the three elements sun, archery and time.
Address: Saules Laikrodzio Square
Directions: In front of the old city cemetary
Vilniaus pedestrian street
This is the oldest pedestrian street in Lithuania. It is very pleasant to walk up and down, looking at shop, sitting in a café and people watching. The street is actually rather long and there are several streets crossing it.
All over Siauliai you will see Soviet architecture. Especially at the bottom of Vilniaus pedestrian street towards Zemaites it looks very typical as there is not pavement as such but stone plates on the street and the buildings have this typical concrete look.
More Reviews (20)
- See All Info on Siauliai
- See All Hill of Crosses - history
- See All Concrete tower
- See All Pizza and more
- Tourist Office
yumyum's Related Pages
Siauliai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Siauliai!"
- "Siauliai - The archer, the sun and the time"
- "Grey past and bright future"
- "Siauliai - major city of Northern Lithuania"
- "Siauliai and Hill of Crosses"
- "C&C twins 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Siauliai
- Hotels in Siauliai
- Transportation in Siauliai
- Nightlife in Siauliai
- Restaurants in Siauliai
- Shopping in Siauliai
- Warnings and Dangers in Siauliai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Fayetteville Hotels
- Great Tey Hotels
- Daisy Hotels
- New Jersey
- Sogndalsfjøra Hotels
- Tsavo National Park West
- Bad Orb
Badges & Stats in Siauliai
- 39 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Siauliai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Siauliai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue