"Welcome to Siauliai!" Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai by yumyum

Siauliai Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 520 photos

In August 2006 was my third visit to the hill of crosses. My first time was in 2003 with my Lithuanian friends from Krekenava in August who couldn’t believe that I hadn’t been there. They considered it an absolute must. The second time in August 2005 I drove my mum there. At the hill of crosses my mum was locked into the rental car and I ended up being locked out at the same time with nothing working anymore. Luckily I had my mobile outside with me and the emergency number from the rental car company was saved on the mobile phone's list. They were able to give me the proper instructions and the doors opened once more.

Siauliai is more than just the Hill of Crosses. In August 2006 I finally had the chance to actually visit this lovely town. It is a very pleasant city. It’s the forth biggest city in Lithuania. The first Baltic tribes came to the region to settle around 5000 BC but the actual town of Siauliai was founded in 1236.

• In a nutshell:A pleasant overnight stop or base for the Hill of Crosses.
  • Last visit to Siauliai: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 15, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Hello, Sonja! I see it's a very nice destination to enjoy!...Thanks for your well illustrated story! ><><><><

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2011 at 8:53 AM

Hi Sonja,
    thanks for visiting my Hanoi pages - I'm sure you will love it there! I liked Siauliai quite much, it had a very tranquil atmosphere when I visited in 2003.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM

The Hill of Crosses is definitely the main attraction here. Good info on accommodations. I think I would lose Hansi at the Sweets Shop. hehe!

• Sep 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Excellent picture of the Interior of the cathedral!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Would love to see the Cockerel clock - I like visiting the famous clocks of the world and I think I should start a collection of that someday...but also would lvoe tosee the"HILLS" (of crosses)- very interesting place!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Siauliai sounds a very interesting city - many things to see.

• DPando's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Hallo Sonja !! wow im impressed about how long have u travelled around the world!! how could achieve it? nice to meet u ! !

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Hallo Sonja! Thank you for visiting my Lima page. I see that churches are not typical only for Vilnius! Interesting page of a place which I have never thought of visiting but might now do.

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2007 at 3:57 AM

We are so excited about going back to Africa, the warmth, the people, the culture and Zambia and Mocambique new to us both.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Nice page Sonja = loved the church with the add ons such colour = the street & traffic sign had me giggling here!!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Siauliai

Have you been to Siauliai?

Latest Activity in Siauliai