Telsiai Things to Do Tips by yumyum
Telsiai Things to Do: 6 reviews and 16 photos
You can easily explore the center of Telsiai on foot. On the square where the Kestucio, Turgau and Respublikos streets meet, you find the clock tower. Just up the road is the tourist office and a big Maxima supermarket.
Telsiai is actually situated on a lake which is very close the town center. Due to bad weather we didn't check it out.
There is more to be seen in Telsiai like the Samogitian Open-air Rural Museum, the Samogitian Japanese farmstead museum and the Alka Museum.
This palace was only built at the beginning of the 20th century. Next to the cathedral there is a priest's seminary which dates back to 1740 but it was closed under Tsarist and later Soviet rule and only reopened in 1989.
Directions: near cathedral
At the end of Turgaus avenue you will see this church hidden in the trees. There seemed to be something going on when we were there so we didn't go inside.
Directions: corner Sviesos and Luokes gatve
In the town center there is a helpful tourist information center. You can get a free map and various leaflets but some of them are in Lithuanian only.
Address: Turgaus a. 21
Phone: +370 444 53010
entrance gate to cathedral
This cathedral is located on a hill and can be seen from the town center. It looks big but not terribly outstanding from outside, but wait till you see the inside. It's absolutely gorgeous. You can take the stairs to the upstairs balcony. The church was built from 1762 till 1765.
Directions: just off Respublikos gatve
Phone: +370 444 60500
Apparently, this Russian Orthodox church is the only church in Lithuania that is built in cubism style. It was built in 1937. The church was closed when we visited, but the priest lives just next door. It is situated on a hill. From the cathedral you can easily walk there. From the grassy bit behind the orthodox church you can cut down to Sedos gatve.
Address: end of Zalgirio Birutes
yumyum's Related Pages
Telsiai Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sestri Levante
- Boca Chica Key
- Cambria Hotels
- Berrechid Hotels
- Mazatlán Hotels
- Cimareme Hotels
Badges & Stats in Telsiai
- 8 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Telsiai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Telsiai
Photos in TelsiaiSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue