"Welcome to the industrial capital of Liechtenstein" Schaan by yumyum

Schaan Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos

We came to Liechtenstein on a day trip from Zurich. We walked from Vaduz to Schaan to have a quick look at the main sights before catching a bus. On the photo you see the landmark of Schaan, the St. Laurentius church. The snowy mountain in the background are already in Switzerland.

Schaan is one of the oldest settlements in Liechtenstein and traces go back 6000 years. Today's Schaan is a merger from the Roman village St. Peter and the alemanic village St. Laurentius. Schaan was first mentioned around 850 as such.

• In a nutshell:Take a look when you're there anyway.
  • Last visit to Schaan: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2007

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Hello, Sonja! It would be a great pleasure to visit all those places....

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Hi Sonja. Yeah had a nice time in Schaan and Vaduz...not much to see but it was fine for one night. Don't think I'll be rushing back though if you know what I mean ;0) Thanks for your tips Brian

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Nice coverage for the little town of Schaan. Happy travelling, Peter

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Love the pictures of Dux chapel.

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 2:24 PM

lovely page on schaan, wish we had stopped here on our tour to Italy! had hoped to see some of yr Lux pages, but I guess I m too early :) tx 4 comments, I ll be back, greetings!

• Irinna's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Looks very cosy. Sorry, Sonja - of course I meant Liechtenstein - long staying at home makes me stupid. Irina

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 11:50 PM

very interesting place for walkingin spite of it is industrial center. Laurentius church is nice in style.

• Jan 25, 2007 at 2:04 PM

What a pretty little page Sonja! You are so busy visiting so many places recently! I don't know how you do it! :)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Wonderful, Sonja!!! Interesting border manning!!! Enjoyed reading this page!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 11:38 AM

If the industrial capital of Liechtenstein looks like on your intro pic, I wonder how does the agricultural capital look like? Thanks, Sonja, for sharing!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Schaan