"Welcome to the industrial capital of Liechtenstein" Schaan by yumyum
Schaan Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 36 photos
We came to Liechtenstein on a day trip from Zurich. We walked from Vaduz to Schaan to have a quick look at the main sights before catching a bus. On the photo you see the landmark of Schaan, the St. Laurentius church. The snowy mountain in the background are already in Switzerland.
Schaan is one of the oldest settlements in Liechtenstein and traces go back 6000 years. Today's Schaan is a merger from the Roman village St. Peter and the alemanic village St. Laurentius. Schaan was first mentioned around 850 as such.
- In a nutshell:Take a look when you're there anyway.
This catholic church was inaugurated on 5th October 1893. It is built in the neogotic style by the Viennese architect... more travel advice
The Dux chapel is called in German "Wallfahrtskirche Maria zum Trost auf Dux". If you want to visit it, then you will... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Schaan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the industrial capital of Liechtenstein"
- "Whistlestop trip to Schaan"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schaan
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Schaan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schaan
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you could have 1 VT Swag..."
- updated a Schaan Travel Page "Welcome to the industrial capital of Liechtenstein"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to the industrial capital of Liechtenstein"
- Wrote a Review New Laurentius church in Schaan Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue