"Welcome to Porlock" Porlock by yumyum

Porlock Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 97 photos

I came to Porlock on a sunny day, while we took a drive around the area. Porlock is located near the Bristol channel in Somerset and very close to North Devon. It is a cute little village with all the neccessary shops and restaurants. A big attraction is the Exmoor which starts right up the hill.

• Pros:Lovely area!
  • Last visit to Porlock: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2008

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2011 at 2:01 PM

You have indeed been to Porlock Sonja and got some great pics while you were there. It is a stunning part of the world and my Porlock page is nowhere near finished - I'll probably have to add a TL or two as I'm sure I'll have orphan photos even once I've done with tips.

• leics's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM

You should come to Gilly's Manchester Christmas Meet..or what about Ricky's 2012 mushy peas Halifax one? Would be lovely to see you again! :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 3:59 AM

A nice and very Englishy-looking town! The closest I have been is Bristol, where I changed buses once, and Bath.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM

It looks like you had some great views while touring the Porlock area - except while behind the bus! My wife and I really enjoyed this scenic part of England on our last visit.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 8:40 AM

What a lovely area you seemed to have nice weather here too

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM

i like the multi-coloured building in Porlock and the museum as well. Great captures!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 12:54 AM

What a gorgeous area! I really need to do some more exploring.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM

it is always nice to see these unique doubledecker-buses, especially those beeing open on top !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Lovely little page here. Unfortunately I haven't explored the region around Bristol yet. But did you know that I once went through the Dartmoor with an historic bus?

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Beautiful view on Bristol channel (I've had a look at the map and found that we call it Bristol gulf - though Englishmen like to name the sea waters by channels). Thanks Sonja for the tour!

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Porlock

Have you been to Porlock?

Latest Activity in Porlock