"Welcome to Helsinki (Helsingfors)" Helsinki by yumyum
Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,705 reviews and 7,549 photos
I have been several times to Helsinki. My frist visit was between flights at the beginning of one January, so I saw it all snow covered. But I find it preferable with the sun shining, no matter what season.
I always rely to get some English language paperbacks in the Stockman bookshop here.
It's a city with pleasant parks and interesting secondhand shops!
Some of the architecture is very much like in St. Petersburg and maybe after living in Petersburg that couldn't excite me that much anymore.
Arriving or leaving by ship is a very good way!
It only takes 1.5 hours by catamaran to Tallinn or overnight to Stockholm.
- In a nutshell:Very quiet capital city
In the old market hall you will find not only stalls with various foods but also cafes/pubs. It dates back to 1889 and... more travel advice
I flew from Zurich (Switzerland) to Helsinki with the budget airline Blue1. It was a 2,5 hours flight and on board you... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Helsinki - bears, skaters and religion"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 11 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Have you seen a gorgeous gorge?"
- Commented on one of penny_g's Helsinki travel pages
- Wrote a Review Old market hall about Kauppatori (Market Square & Market Hall) in Helsinki Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Old market hall"
- updated a Helsinki Travel Page "Welcome to Helsinki (Helsingfors)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue