"Nuwara Eliya" Top 5 Page for this destination Nuwara Eliya by yumyum
Nuwara Eliya Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 221 photos
This former British Hill Resort lies on 1890 meters above sea level. If you arrive in the evening then come prepared with a sweater and long pants. Around Nuwara Eliya there are lots of tea plantations and factories. That's mainly what you come to look at.
You should visit one of the tea factories on your way up the hills. All over the landscape you will see several. But... more travel advice
Sometimes you can spot tea pickers in the plantations. It's hard work that is not well paid. more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Nuwara Eliya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE HILL COUNTRY"
- "Little England"
- "Nuwara Eliya - Tea For two"
- "Magnificent Hill Area"
- "Nuwara Eliya"
- "Little Britain"
- "A Tea County up in the misty mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nuwara Eliya
- Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
- Transportation in Nuwara Eliya
- Nightlife in Nuwara Eliya
- Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
- Shopping in Nuwara Eliya
- Warnings and Dangers in Nuwara Eliya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nuwara Eliya
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Nuwara Eliya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nuwara Eliya
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 114 reviews, 346 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siauliai Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 29 reviews, 94 photos, 1 travelogue