"Welcome to Ulaanbaatar" Top 5 Page for this destination Ulaanbaatar by yumyum

Ulaanbaatar Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 853 photos

Ulaanbaatar or short UB has several spellings. I arrived and left UB by train. Some of my sightseeing like visiting the viewpoint was made with a guide and other by myself or with fellow VTer veggieguru like visiting Gandan monastery.

I think that visiting UB is a must but UB isn't Mongolia. It's a good base to return to for your onward travel and shopping.

• In a nutshell:Mongolia is a must!
  • Last visit to Ulaanbaatar: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2008

• al2401's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Great page! - definitely on my list!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2011 at 6:43 AM

Hi Sonja, an interesting page with fascinating pictures! I especially liked the tip about the Mongolian writing. Very interesting.

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2011 at 4:58 AM

Interesting page. I think UB got big influences from both sides - China and Russia ;) I hope to cross border Europe - Asia in May ;) Do you know where? :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Again I had to look on the map to see where this place is. Great that you arrived and left by train! Those 14th century holy writings must look really holy since they were written with gold ink on black paper!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM

UB must be interesting place to visit. I have been thinking of visiting it for a long time. But I have not yet made it. Hopefully soon.

• Dec 18, 2009 at 4:33 PM

The budda was awesome

• DennyP's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Great page with informative tips and pics..This is on my list of train journeys also..Next journey will be the trans Mongolian to Moscow from Beijing..I look forward to it..Thanks for sharing your experiences..Denny

• erikute3534's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM

interesting place! will have to look to put on my plans:)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2008 at 5:35 AM

Sounds to be an interesting place to visit! Good to hear the mail service is fast.

• Dec 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Nice page and very nice pictures! I love Asia

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Ulaanbaatar

Have you been to Ulaanbaatar?

Latest Activity in Ulaanbaatar