"Welcome to Altena" Altena by yumyum
Altena Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 49 photos
We came to Altena on a half day trip from Herscheid by car. By chance, we met VTer Banty in the castle, but I forgot to take a picture of my first meeting with him.
Altena has about 20'000 inhabitants. It's located in the narrow Lenne valley. Although there are more spectacular towns in Germany. Altena draws visitors from all over the world as it is home to the world's first youth hostel which is located in an awesome castle.
So, if you are in the area, make sure that you visit Altena.
- In a nutshell:A must if you are in the area!
You get a splendid view from the castle tower down the Lenne valley. Altena is located on both sides of the river. On... more travel advice
This old narrow gauge locomotive is called “Carl”. It was built in 1907 and was used on freight and passenger trains to... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Altena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Altena"
- "Altena - town of wire with interesting castle!"
- "The oldest youth hostel in the world"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altena
- 15 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (176)
Have you been to Altena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altena
Photos in AltenaSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue