"Welcome to Angermünde" Angermünde by yumyum

Angermünde Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 65 photos

I came to Angermünde on my way by train from Zurich (Switzerland) to Szczecin (Poland). Initially, I wanted to stay overnight but because of the flu there was no time in the end for that, so I only had a very short stop-over here. I was surprised to find a pretty tranquil town with a fair few sights and a lake. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to check out all the sights but I saw a lot of them.

Angermuende looks like a good stop if you are cycling the area because it is pretty flat country and has everything including several options to stay overnight.

• Pros:Lots of historic buildings, all sights within walking distance
  • In a nutshell:A peaceful gem within daytrip distance from Berlin!
  • Last visit to Angermünde: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 8, 2010

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Angermünde looks much nicer than I expected. Oh, there's also a functioning waterpump in my street :).

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2010 at 9:44 PM

What a cute tourist office!! And functioning water pumps! I also like Mündlake, must be a perfect place to relax :-) Haha, laughed about the Prangeresel, that reminds me to the Schandgeige (similar purpose).

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Sonja, I see you had a nice stay there! Well done! ><><><><><

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Lovely little page with gorgeous photos of Angermünde, which really seems to be well worth a stop. Unfortunately I only saw the train station and its ticket machines.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Sounds like youu had a pleasant walk through Angermünde!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Glory to heroes forever! - that what is written in Russian at the Soviet victory monument. Let the war never repeat again! Though such monuments look rather outdated in Europe today I agree...

• Jan 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM

interesting place in architecture but most of all i liked water pumps :-)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM

A nice place to visit sonja - your Church looks like one I found in Warsaw I do envey your rail links!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2010 at 4:05 AM

an interesting place, thanks for sharing Sonja ! That Prangeresel looks interesting, more like a fun than a punishment and I am sure the children like to ride it !

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2010 at 12:32 PM

cool that they still have a Prangeresel:O) they were common in denmark too in the old days, but i have never seen a place where they still had one.

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Angermünde

Have you been to Angermünde?