"Welcome to Apolda" Apolda by yumyum
Apolda Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 107 photos
We travelled to Apolda because we read about the museum of the former German Democratic Republic which shows lots of artifacts of the daily life of the GDR.
So on a bleak day day we took a short trip between visiting Weimar and Erfurt and ended up in the "a bit depressing" looking Apolda. Since we arrived around lunch time on a Saturday all the shops were already closed. Also a lot of shops are empty. Obviously, the town has seen better times. Let's hope that it will improve again in the future.
No doubt, the town will make a much better impression in the summer sun :)
The town was first mentioned in 1119 as Appolde, an area with lots of apple trees.
- In a nutshell:A town for special interests like the former GDR and bells.
Beer production was first mentioned in Apolda in 1440. Today's Vereinsbrauerei was founded in 1887. You find the brewery... more travel advice
Christian Zimmermann was the founder of a trading house for knitwear and hosiery. He lived from 1759 till 1842. The... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Apolda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Apolda"
- "Apolda - mon gramont!"
- "Welcome to APOLDA & SAALE VALLEY"
- "My Apolda"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Apolda
- Hotels in Apolda
- Transportation in Apolda
- Shopping in Apolda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Apolda
- 13 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (172)
Have you been to Apolda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Apolda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 118 reviews, 351 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue