"Welcome to Zittau" Zittau by yumyum
Zittau Travel Guide: 83 reviews and 256 photos
We came to Zittau from Goerlitz in order to have some dinner before heading back to Dresden. We spent about two hours here and saw part of the town illuminated. Zittau is definitely worth a whole day and in front of the railway station we saw a steam train coming back home from the narrow-gauge line that takes you into the hills.
Zittau lies on the border to Poland and Czech Republic. It was first mentioned in 1238.
By train there is no quick way from Dresden as the train stays on German lands and has to go around part of Czech Republic.
- In a nutshell:A little gem, well worth a day trip from Dresden.
The Johanneum is the town's gymnasium and was built from 1868-71. It features a 56 m high tower which has a golden... more travel advice
In 1244 a Franciscan monastery was founded. The monastery and its church were built from 1260-90. With the death of the... more travel advice
yumyum's Related Pages
Zittau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zittau - the "Wealthy""
- "Zittau deserves to be better known"
- "Welcome to Zittau"
- "Casting a Spell: Zittau"
- "Welcome to ZITTAU"
- "ZITTAU AND BERTSDORF"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zittau
- Hotels in Zittau
- Transportation in Zittau
- Restaurants in Zittau
- Warnings and Dangers in Zittau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zittau
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (175)
Have you been to Zittau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zittau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue