"Welcome to Zittau" Zittau by yumyum

Zittau Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 216 photos

We came to Zittau from Goerlitz in order to have some dinner before heading back to Dresden. We spent about two hours here and saw part of the town illuminated. Zittau is definitely worth a whole day and in front of the railway station we saw a steam train coming back home from the narrow-gauge line that takes you into the hills.

Zittau lies on the border to Poland and Czech Republic. It was first mentioned in 1238.

By train there is no quick way from Dresden as the train stays on German lands and has to go around part of Czech Republic.

• In a nutshell:A little gem, well worth a day trip from Dresden.
  • Last visit to Zittau: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 29, 2008

• Apr 25, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Fabulous transportation tips here Sonja! and I agree with Irinna - very romantic night-time photos :)

• Irinna's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 11:01 AM

These evening photos are so romantic!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Thank you for the good tips! Did you have to reserve in the Dornspachhaus, if the restaurant is so small?

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Wow some fab pics here along with the tips.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM

I was hoping to go to Germany this year but I got overruled and we are going to the Czech Republic instead. I would like to see the area around Dresden someday...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for showing me some of the things I missed by not going to Zittau. I was supposed to have a business trip there a year ago, but it didn't work out.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM

The town looks so pretty illuminated like this, and I like the sound of the restaurant you found here :)

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Wow, I never thought that Zittau had so much to offer - thanks for the heads up! Plus that restaurant looks lovely!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 8:45 AM

beautiful night views here!!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2008 at 7:57 AM

Zittau looks lovely... Maybe I should do some domestic trips from time to time :)

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Badges & Stats in Zittau