"Welcome to my travelpages!" yumyum's Profile

My first trip abroad was to Vienna when I was five years old. Ever since then the travel bug has never left me although the interests in different countries have changed. I work, save money, travel, work and save money again and again....

Generally, I prefer travelling by train even long distances and even if it means that I don't know how to sit anymore :)))

I am lucky that I have been to many countries. First I travelled with my parents mainly to Austria, Holland, Germany, Mallorca, Athens. Later I did two long overland trips (3 and 7 months) with Encounter Overland, a company no longer existing, with camping and cooking ourselves through many African and Asian countries. I've also been to Australia several times. OZ used to be my favourite country. But these days I cannot tell you which my favourite country is. I've also been on a couple of cruises, one of which took me to South America. In the past few years, I've enjoyed exploring more of Europe.

Happy travels to everyone!

(PS: I'm not interested in people seeking romance, so don't bother adding me as a friend or writing to me if that is your aim - thank you)

Plans for 2014

March:
Munich (Germany)

Travel in 2013

March: Madeira
April/May: Northern Spain

Travel in 2012

In May/June 2012 we did a 2 weeks trip to Northern Italy which included visiting places like Milano (just overnight), Brescia, Iseo, Monte Isola, Edolo, Capo di Ponte, Pisogne, Sulzano, Sale Marasino, Bergamo, Trieste, Opicina, Muggia, Gorizia, Treviso plus Nova Gorica and Sezana in Slovenia.

In August/September 2012 we travelled to Croatia and surroundings for 2 weeks visiting Trogier, Solaris resort, Sibenik, Krka N.P., Slunj, Bihac (BIH), Zagreb and Ljubljana (SLO).

In October we visited Amsterdam for a weekend.

In late December we took a short trip to Domodossola and Val Vigezzo in Italy and Locarno/Bellinzona in Switzerland.

I plan to make a lot of small pages on villages as I like to make small pages on places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.

Please note that all pictures are made by me (unless I'm on the picture or it's otherwise stated) and I therefore have the copyright. So if you would like to use any of them then please contact me. Thanks.

My latest new pages:

Poo (Llanes) (Astruria, Spain) 23.06.13
Hendaye (France) 15.07.13

I like making small pages on villages or places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.

• Intro Updated Mar 6, 2014

Personal Pages (1)

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Danke Sonja für die Glückwünsche. Wir geniessen die schönen und warmen Tage hier. Hoffe, dass es dir gut geht. Liebe Grüsse Elisabeth

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2014 at 5:15 AM

members.virtualtourist.com/m...

Just in case it takes your fancy.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Have a good 2014 Sonja!

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Happy New Year, Sonja!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Merry Christmas, Sonja! Best regards from Moscow!

• Aunt_Bertha's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Hallo Sonja, frohe Festtage und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr! :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
      Dec 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Thank you Bertha! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Hello Sonja, a few days ago I received a postcard from Bergamo which after sometime I finally thought was sent by Suvanki. However, she told me she believes you sent it to me! I'm sorry I didn't realize it was sent by you as I didn't see your name on it and some names I didn't recognize at all. Please know that I very much appreciate the postcard!! Hope you are well and Happy Holidays! P.S. Love the photos of the bears!!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
      Dec 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Hi Silvia, Sorry, but it's not from me. Maybe someone else travelled there. All the best, Sonja

• starship's Profile Photo
      Dec 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

OK, thank you. This is a real mystery!

• DavidGB's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Dear Sonja,

Thanks for signing my Bergamo post card. It was a nice surprise and much appreciated. I’m sure you had a great time there with the lasses. Happy Christmas, and send my best to Holger :)

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi Sonja, Thanks for signing my postcard from Bergamo. Sounds like you had a great time in the sunshine. I love your Bear pictures by the way :-)

• Natalya2006's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Happy birthday to you, Sonja!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
yumyum's Profile Photo

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Real Name