"Welcome to my travelpages!" yumyum's Profile

Past travels and wish list

My first trip abroad was to Vienna when I was five years old. Ever since then the travel bug has never left me although the interests in different countries have changed. I work, save money, travel, work and save money again and again....

Generally, I prefer travelling by train even long distances and even if it means that I don't know how to sit anymore :)))

I am lucky that I have been to many countries. First I travelled with my parents mainly to Austria, Holland, Germany, Mallorca, Athens. Later I did two long overland trips (3 and 7 months) with Encounter Overland, a company no longer existing, with camping and cooking ourselves through many African and Asian countries. I've also been to Australia several times. OZ used to be my favourite country. But these days I cannot tell you which my favourite country is. I've also been on a couple of cruises, one of which took me to South America. In the past few years, I've enjoyed exploring more of Europe.

For a long time now I've been interested in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. Great countries to explore! Still on my wish list are: Moldova, Transdnistr, Georgia, Abchasia.

Happy travels to everyone!

2015 brings new hobbies

like geocaching.

I like the idea of geocaching during travels a lot, except of course the roaming charges.

So far I found caches in

Switzerland (of course!)
Germany (Konstanz)
Austria (Vienna)

Travel in 2015

January: Budapest/Vienna
April: a new country for me

Travel in 2014

March: Munich (Germany)
May: Riga (Latvia)
September: Sheffield, Halifax, Manchester (UK)

and a lot of trips to the mountain village of Mund in the Canton of Wallis (CH)

My latest new pages:

Budapest (Hungary) 16.02.2015

I like making small pages on villages or places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.

Please note that all pictures are made by me (unless I'm on the picture or it's otherwise stated) and I therefore have the copyright. So if you would like to use any of them then please contact me. Thanks.

• Intro Updated Feb 16, 2015

Personal Pages (1)

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Hello Sonja! Where is your profile picture taken?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
      Apr 17, 2015 at 10:57 PM

It did look like a deserted landscape! Have you visited Oman recently?

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Yes, I came back a week ago

• Mique's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hihi, doing great. Thanks for the bday wishes. Kids are growing nicely. Xenne turned 7 in january. Eaindra is 3,5 already and attending nursery. Am still planning to finish my round trip :-)

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:26 AM

That sounds like a cool plan! I fondly remember our meetings in Irkutsk and Beijing :-) Time really flies.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM

My condolences on today's train crash. Our mass media reported today that awful accident.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM

They actually have a system that the train stops automatically when passing red but the train changed to the opposite direction (end of the line) and the system only goes into effect again after the first signal which was too late here. When the train stopped it stuck a bit over the other track where a late train passed at110 kph.

Feb 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM

Alas! Too many unhappy cirmstances at one place and at same time.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Thank you! I highly appreciate your suggestion of friendship!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Hello, Sonja! Happy trails in 2015, best of luck to you!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hi Sonja, and thanks so much for organising the card from Karlsruhe which arrived today - such a lovely thought :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Thank you, Sonja for the rain of comments and ratings on my pages about Russia!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Hi mate. Thanks for signing my postcard and helping to entertain me as a va on the recent Rushbearing meet :o) Still have fond memories of Paris!! :o) And your vt nic is so cute! :o) Big hugs, Ann xx

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Thanks for visiting Kalgoorlie. I hope the page brought back some memories for you. I saw by your map you had been to Australia but didn't know where. Too far back for tips? Do hope you enjoyed your time when you visited. Nice to hear from you again Dee

• jacquesrenaud's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Bon anniversaire Sonja !

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
yumyum's Profile Photo

yumyum

“Just go and enjoy, you never know what's around the next corner”

Real Name