"Welcome to my travelpages!" yumyum's Profile
My first trip abroad was to Vienna when I was five years old. Ever since then the travel bug has never left me although the interests in different countries have changed. I work, save money, travel, work and save money again and again....
Generally, I prefer travelling by train even long distances and even if it means that I don't know how to sit anymore :)))
I am lucky that I have been to many countries. First I travelled with my parents mainly to Austria, Holland, Germany, Mallorca, Athens. Later I did two long overland trips (3 and 7 months) with Encounter Overland, a company no longer existing, with camping and cooking ourselves through many African and Asian countries. I've also been to Australia several times. OZ used to be my favourite country. But these days I cannot tell you which my favourite country is. I've also been on a couple of cruises, one of which took me to South America. In the past few years, I've enjoyed exploring more of Europe.
For a long time now I've been interested in Eastern Europe and the Balkans. Great countries to explore! Still on my wish list are: Moldova, Transdnistr, Georgia, Abchasia.
Happy travels to everyone!
I like the idea of geocaching during travels a lot, except of course the roaming charges.
So far I found caches in
Switzerland (of course!)
March: Munich (Germany)
May: Riga (Latvia)
September: Sheffield, Halifax, Manchester (UK)
and a lot of trips to the mountain village of Mund in the Canton of Wallis (CH)
Budapest (Hungary) 16.02.2015
I like making small pages on villages or places where there aren't any VT pages or not much info to be found on VT.
Please note that all pictures are made by me (unless I'm on the picture or it's otherwise stated) and I therefore have the copyright. So if you would like to use any of them then please contact me. Thanks.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,706 Reviews
- 7,642 Photos
- 42 Countries
- 295 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (172)
- Commented on picek's profile page
- Wrote a Review Down to earth in Oerlikon in Zürich Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Down to earth in Oerlikon"
- Posted in Travel Zürich Forum "Re: Short layover sufficient? "
- updated a Bern Travel Page "Welcome to the capital of Switzerland!"
updated their Personal Page "Previous trips"
- yumyum and Oleg_D. are now friends.
- Commented on the Celorio travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Trieste
VideosSee All Videos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 121 reviews, 355 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 57 reviews, 205 photos, 5 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 22 reviews, 126 photos, 8 travelogues
- Lüdenscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Herscheid Intro, 38 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Offenburg Intro, 32 reviews, 102 photos, 2 travelogues
- Visp Intro, 26 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dortmund Intro, 33 reviews, 97 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Split Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sion Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos, 1 travelogue