"Las Arenas - A pleasant barrio of Bilbao" Las Arenas by timtregenza
Las Arenas Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Las Arenas is the area around the hanging bridge at the mouth of the Nervion River. It is bordered by Leoia towards Bilbao and Algorta to the east. To the north is the sea, to the west across the river, Portugalete.
It is a largely residential area with some pleasant shops and bars. It has the puente colgante (hanging transporter bridge) linking it to portugalete.
- Pros:The bridge is worth a visit if you are a structural engineer
- Cons:The beach is not too clean - better going further along to Plentzia
- In a nutshell:Quiet middle class commuter area
This hotel is located in Artaza, between Las Arenas and Algorta in a posh residential area. It has the great advantage... more travel advice
timtregenza's Related Pages
Las Arenas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Arenas a neighbourhood of Getxo"
- "Las Arenas - A pleasant barrio of Bilbao"
- "Areeta, Getxo, Bizkaia/Las Arenas, Guecho, Vizcaya"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Derrygonnelly Hotels
- Mount Shasta
- Gwarinpa Hotels
- Varsany Hotels
- Bainbridge Island
- San Pedro de Alcántara
- Parish of Saint Ann
- Le Bardo
- California City
- Sixaola Hotels
- Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Nuevo Progreso Hotels
- York Beach
- Trentino-Alto Adige
Badges & Stats in Las Arenas
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Las Arenas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Arenas
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bilbao Intro, 136 reviews, 76 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basque Country Intro, 22 reviews, 20 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 25 reviews, 10 photos
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Rome Intro, 19 reviews, 11 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Portugalete Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Segovia Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.