"The Road to Morocco" Morocco by Kettleman

Morocco Travel Guide: 10,264 reviews and 28,889 photos

Maroc.....

My experience of Morocco started as a day trip to Ceuta from Algeciras with my former partner and her Yamaha XJ900.

My own Suzuki Cavalcade LX was securely tucked up in the campsite in Tarifa (alarm and BIG locks!)

The passport control getting in to Morocco set the tone for the trip and we ended up riding back the same evening from Tangiers to Ceuta for the boat.

A few $'s in the passport speeds up any "delays"!

... oops

Unfortunately I have only a few photos of this trip that are in focus, as my partner clicked away with my Olympus SLR and didn't realise that it needed focussing. We do have loads of fuzzy pics and one or two where the object is out of focus but there are other bits that are focussed properly, like walls or the horizon!

I am hoping to convince my wife that a trip across next summer (2005!) will be a good idea!

... and carpets.......

The carpets are quite lovely and start at a price my house didn't cost and miraculously work their way down to the affordable.

If they had had a small one about 3ft by 2ft I may have bought it for a doormat but they didn't go that small.

The only carpet in that size was a apparently a prayer mat and they wouldn't sell to a non believer.

• Pros:Another world for Europeans/Yanks
  • Cons:The locals can be a hassle some of the time
  • In a nutshell:beautiful scenery and lovely carpets.
  • Last visit to Morocco: Aug 1991
  • Intro Updated Mar 28, 2007

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 2:38 AM

I hope that on your next visit to Morocco, your camera will work properly. It is worth it !

Kettleman

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”

Badges & Stats in Morocco

Have you been to Morocco?

Latest Activity in Morocco