"The Road to Morocco" Morocco by Kettleman
Morocco Travel Guide: 10,325 reviews and 29,667 photos
My experience of Morocco started as a day trip to Ceuta from Algeciras with my former partner and her Yamaha XJ900.
My own Suzuki Cavalcade LX was securely tucked up in the campsite in Tarifa (alarm and BIG locks!)
The passport control getting in to Morocco set the tone for the trip and we ended up riding back the same evening from Tangiers to Ceuta for the boat.
A few $'s in the passport speeds up any "delays"!
Unfortunately I have only a few photos of this trip that are in focus, as my partner clicked away with my Olympus SLR and didn't realise that it needed focussing. We do have loads of fuzzy pics and one or two where the object is out of focus but there are other bits that are focussed properly, like walls or the horizon!
I am hoping to convince my wife that a trip across next summer (2005!) will be a good idea!
The carpets are quite lovely and start at a price my house didn't cost and miraculously work their way down to the affordable.
If they had had a small one about 3ft by 2ft I may have bought it for a doormat but they didn't go that small.
The only carpet in that size was a apparently a prayer mat and they wouldn't sell to a non believer.
- Pros:Another world for Europeans/Yanks
- Cons:The locals can be a hassle some of the time
- In a nutshell:beautiful scenery and lovely carpets.
Any carpet shop that offers mint-tea and the opportunity to view 400-plus Berber made carpets that can be posted to your... more travel advice
Pack your own bags and do not let anyone touch them, do not let anyone carry them for you. If you are going to do... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Morocco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Me Inside You, You Inside My Morocco"
- "A wonder called Morocco"
- "Love the people and colours and sights of Morocco!"
- "A day of wandering during Ramadan 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morocco
- Hotels in Morocco
- Transportation in Morocco
- Nightlife in Morocco
- Restaurants in Morocco
- Shopping in Morocco
- Warnings and Dangers in Morocco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morocco
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Morocco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morocco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue