Brno Hotel Tips by Kettleman
Brno Hotels: 1,433 reviews and 23 photos
Stayed here a few years back when it was one of the most modern hotels in and around the area.
Catering for "westerners" as we used to be called and priced to keep Czechs out.
Still not cheap by anyone's standards (In 2005) at 3800kč a night for a double and that equates to about £68 or €95 or even more in US$.
Unique Qualities: Nice and clean, good restaurant, swim pool and golf.. yes Golf....a game that someone said was a walk in the countryside ruined!
Address: Rozdrojovice 177
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: North west of Brno.
Phone: +420 5 46 22 01 96,
Pod Horkou, Chudcice near Brno
Was about €6 ($6) per night per person.
Unique Qualities: Quiet, cheap and frill-free.
Pod-Horkou is the rally-inn for the Czech Suzuki Owners Club's 'Invader Rally' that takes place annually on the last weekend in May.
Directions: Pod Horkou is in the centre of Chudcice.
The village is at the northern end of Brno lake and about 12kms from junction 178 on the D1 motorway.
Stayed in the Voronez for two nights. Found it expensive and lacking in any personality whatsoever.
Service and restaurant good but expensive.
Unique Qualities: None. Faceless hotel for the businessman that has a company that pays his bills for him.
Address: Krizkovskeho 47, , Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj 60
Directions: By the Brno Trade/Fair Grounds.
Phone: +420 543 14 1111
Although I have stayed in the Voronez 4-star hotel by the fair grounds, my favourite hotel/inn is actually not in the city centre, but out in the surrounding country - U Nedbalku in Ostrovacice, some 20kms to the west of the city.
I have stayed there a few times, firstly in 1986 on my first ever visit to the CR. THis was before the Velver Revolution.
Next time was when I came to the area for an interview for the job as English teacher in Zastavka, and also to see some friends in the Czech Suzuki Owners Club.
Depends on demand, quite near GP circuit.
Unique Qualities: Not touristy, meet the locals and drink and eat with them!
Directions: In centre of Ostrovacice village near to junctions 178 and 182 of (dalnice) D1 motorway.
Price: less than US$20
I stayed in the Kozak back in 1997 on a trip to Brno to see friends and former workmates. Only for two nights. The hotel is on the main tram route out of the city and is within walking distance of the city centre if you want to and to the Zoo and Lake, but the tram is easier.
Also the hotel wasn't the vile pink colour then either! It was white and more traditional!
Hotel has own website in Czech only - www.hotelkozak.cz
Unique Qualities: Off road secure parking in the back of the hotel - a must for all motorcyclists!
Address: Horova 30, , Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj 60
Directions: Follow Svitavy signs from City centre.....
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +420 541 321 248
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (18)
- Restaurace Špalícek
- See All MotoGP
- See All MotoGP at TG Masaryk Automotodrom
Kettleman's Related Pages
Brno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brno / Brünn - Art Nouveau & strange tombs"
- "Brno - An Expat's View"
- "My fantastic student's life..."
- "J'adore Brno !"
- "Brno (pronounce as Brno, not Berno ;)"
- "Brno - Moravia"
- "A great second city."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brno
- Hotels in Brno
- Transportation in Brno
- Nightlife in Brno
- Restaurants in Brno
- Shopping in Brno
- Warnings and Dangers in Brno
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ramada Caravela Beach Resort
- Phillips Beach Plaza Hotel
- Econo Lodge Boardwalk
- Haven Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Atlanta Perimeter Center - Mt Vernon
- Soundings Seaside Resort
- Best Western Altamonte Springs
- Disneyland Hotel
- Doubletree Grand Hotel& Condos
- Parthenon Il Giardino
- DoubleTree by Hilton London Victoria
- Flamingo Playa Apartments
- Mantra Legends Hotel Gold Coast
- Ah Shan Hostel
Badges & Stats in Brno
- 23 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Brno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brno
Read real reviews about Brno Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Brno hotel reviews
- Grandhotel Brno
- 145 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Bobycentrum Hotel Brno
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2012
- Hotel Voronez
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Global
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2012
- Best Western International Hotel Brno
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Hotel Atlantis
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- Hotel Kozak
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 27, 2013
- Hotel Royal Ricc
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Hostel Fleda Brno
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Hotel Pod Spilberkem
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 5, 2013
- Hotel Avion
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013
- Hotel Slavia
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Spielberg Castle (Hrad Spilberk)- 21 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Churches- 27 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Old Town Hall (Stara Radnice)- 17 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Freedom Square- 9 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Museums- 8 Reviews, 11 Photos
- General interest- 18 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Markets- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Brno Lake.- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Mahenovo Theatre- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Capuchin´s crypt- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
See All Brno Things to Do