"Brno" Brno by Kettleman

Brno Travel Guide: 468 reviews and 1,016 photos

I can't tell you how often I have been to Brno, possibly every week but definitely not every day! Okay, let me explain!

I worked nearby as an English Teacher at the Gymnazium in Zastavka u Brna for a school year in 1992-1993.

I love the area and have many friends living there that I keep in touch with.

I also used to go to BOBY Brno soccer matches with some on the older lads from the school.

I also saw Metallica live at the BOBY stadium, and that was also in 1993!

I tend to go back for the Ceskapobocka Rally in Chudcice in May or for the MotoGP in August. See my Chudcice page for more information

Please excuse the quality of the pictures. These were taken in 1993 and scanned in! This was before McDonalds opened in Svobody Namesti!

The blueish building on the left is what was the car parts dealer! Everything Skoda you could think of!

A little to the right of it is where Sputnik used to be. An original self service restaurant, open on two floors and very very cheap!

• Last visit to Brno: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2006

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Hello Paul and Claire, this is a great Brno page and brought back some lovely memories. fergy.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2007 at 8:18 PM

Nice page on Brno. We missed it last time we were in Czech Republic, but there's always another time. Happy birthday from Finland!

• Astralka's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 2:48 PM

sometimes it is nice to learn where I live :) thanks for these pages

Kettleman

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”

Badges & Stats in Brno