"Gateway to the Peak District" Ashbourne by Kettleman
Ashbourne Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 33 photos
Due to its position as the southern gateway to the Peak District, Ashbourne gets a large number of visitors. Over the years of having a club motorcycle rally at a variety of locations in the area, my trips into Ashbourne have been numerous over the years; mainly to stock up on food and to have breakfast!
Also, passing through is made much easier with the building of the Ashbourne bypass, making it a lot quicker to get from Derby to Leek and points north-west on the A52 rather than get clogged up in the town. As a result this must have made the town centre more peaceful.
Sadly the bypass is okay for east/west travel but does nothing to save the centre of the town being overrun with trucks going to and from the quarries locally and north/south in direction.
- Pros:shops, hotels campsites
- Cons:trucks and big ones!
- In a nutshell:Gateway to the Peak District
As well as the house itself, a stately home, built in the late 17th centrury there is the Museum of Childhood on the... more travel advice
Another site within easy reach of Ashbourne that we have used both as a motorcycle campground and for family trips. As... more travel advice
Kettleman's Related Pages
Ashbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another typically English small market town......."
- "Gateway to the Peak District"
- "Ashbourne - Gateway To Dovedale"
- "The Place of my Birth"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ashbourne
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ashbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashbourne
Photos in AshbourneSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hythe Intro, 38 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Brno Intro, 23 reviews, 15 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Ieper Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Heiligenblut Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 7 photos
- Dover Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Prague Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Ashbourne hotel reviews
- The Dog & Partridge Country Inn
- 450 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Callow Hall Hotel
- 115 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- The Beresford Arms Hotel
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Bramhalls of Ashbourne
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- Rivendale Caravan & Leisure Park
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013